Sunday Spares and Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wmarkw

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 29, 2007
Evans, GA
Hey all. Hope you've all had a good smokin' weekend. Picked up a rack of spares from Costco. Decided this time I would change it up and do a 3-2-1 smoke. I normally just do them regular with no foil but decided to give the 3-2-1 a try again. I also didn't use mustard on the ribs before I added my rub to mix it up. I also used my rib rack for the second time so I cut the spares in half; which helped free up some space for a few more ABTs. I also did a batch of Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans. The end result was very good. Some of the bones did want to fall out of the meat there at the end but the wife ate those. Overall a very tasty smoke and the ribs were juicy. There was a smoke ring but not present in the pics though? I think I might cut down on the "2" part of the smoke and maybe let them sit in the foil for an hour and then 1.5 hr with sauce. Smoked with Hickory and loved the flavor been using the pecan for a while. Here are some pics........

Might want to let the wife eat more than the bones next time!
icon_smile.gif

Looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky