Sunday Smokeoff - Overnighter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokey2569

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
I have myself smack in the middle of a Sunday Smokeoff challenge from a fellow lover of all things bbq. We have agreed to both prepare ribs, but are making some other items as well. He got 1st choice on "other meat" selection and went with brisket. So that gave me pulled pork. However, I decided to throw in some other items that I did not disclose. I will call these items The Smokeoff Win Clinchers. They are:

- 2 racks of beef ribs
- 2 1/4 lbs ground brisket Fattie stuffed with fine Italian meats and cheeses such as pepperoni, salami, sweet capicola, mortadella and mozzerella. Throw in some sauteed peppers and onions, and wrap it in some thick cut bacon.
- Batch of some Wicked Beans with keilbasa and the rib skirt thrown in. (PS: I am going with spares for my ribs. Trimmed and cut. Not sure what he going with...)
- Jicama Slaw.

3 Hours, 4 beers and a visit from mj, and things are looking good.

Here are some photos. Sorry there aren't more, but there will be. Its gonna be a long night.

You gots to weave it...

Finished product. I got excited after stuffing it and gave it a premature roll. Story of my life...

That is my forearm and left hand. I do not plan on smoking or eating any part of it even though I am a righty.

8 lbs butt all rubbed up and about to enjoy a nice, warm adventure...

More to come later.

Looks like you are off and running, keep the Qview coming...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Everything look great so far. You have a nice weave with that fattie. The butt looks fine so get-r-done and don't foget the Qview

Morning has arrived and with it has come the view of a nice piece of pig. I am about 10 hours into this deal, and the butt is at 160 and is looking good. 1pm is my goal for being finished with everything, so the spares are going on now.

Here is my crusty butt. Looking good...

Spares going on as well...

My friends Fattie and Beef Ribs are getting the call in about an hour or so.

Thanks for the props people...its going well. Got through about 7 beers overnight, slept for around 3 total hours in 20 or 30 minute intervals, and now its coffee time. Then back to beer.

Beef ribs just went in...

Excellent menu and progress...I wish I was there! Nothing like a little friendly competition along with some good natured trash talking/story telling, beer drinking, thin blue, good food.........

You should have made an extra fattie, just to spike it on the ground while you do a funky endzone dance once you win this thing.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looks real good so far. Cant wait to hear and see the results.

Looks great I think the competition is in trouble already
biggrin.gif

15 hours later, and things are wrapping up, literally. I am about to go wrap everything in foil and throw in a cooler for transport to the location of the throwdown. There will be in depth photos later once everything is cut into, stuff in faces and are all cheering in my direction as I hoist the trophy over my victorious head.

Put the children to bed, and ladies get ready...cause its on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky