Sunday Smoke for my brother

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flyfishjeep

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
St Petersburg FL
So I made a pork butt last weekend which wasn't my most teder by any means.  My brother and sister in-law tried to invite themselves over which would have been caotic to say the least.  So today's smoke is going to be brought over to their house so all 4 boys don't destroy our house.

I am smoking on my Chargriller duo pro with sfb.  I am using a mix of hardwoods for smoke and Royal Oak Lump for fuel.

Started getting things ready at 4 am today.  I rubbed it down with Bad Byron's Butt Rub over some mustard and layed it fast side down which I scored for the first time.  I have been spritzing with apple juice, amarretto, soy sauce, and melon liquor.

I also put on some of Dutch's wicked beans which are a must whenever the smoker is on.

Here a a couple in progress pics.  This is at 170 degrees just as the beans go on.

I will post more later. 

Enjoy!

5bb275de_021.jpg

186551ad_020.jpg

Reactions: Dutch
Thanks guys!  I just had to foil it hoping to make a 6 pm diner time.  I was able to sneak a few remnants off the grates and "Oh Snap"  it was tasty!!!!

Well everything turned out great!  The meat had a really rich and deep smoke flavor to it.  I think most of the wood I used was Oak.

The smoke ring was intense and it all stayed moist.  I'm finishing the last of the leftovers today at work.

Thanks for looking!

749428f5_IMG_6807.jpg

FFJ-I really like the color of the smoke ring and as for the butt, that looks famdamntastic too!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Oak would'nt of been my first choice buttttttt, it looks really nice!  Nice color ring and great smoke ring penetration!
Not my first choice for this either, but I was wanting to try different woods to see what I liked.  I used one split of oak and one split of maple. 

One of my co-workers neighbors has a maple coming down soon, so it will be set aside for a while to age.  There are some wild cherry trees that pop up on craigslist from time to time.  If only I could get out there before everyone else does...

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky