Sunday Smoke - 4 Pork Tenderloins 4 Different Ways w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Went to the store on Saturday and found pork tenderloins on manager special. Two per package for around $4-$5 a piece. Cant beat tenderloins for $2 a piece. Figured I would try each one with a different seasoning and see which one the family liked better.

Pulled all of them out of the package and trimmed off any excess fat or silver skin that was left on. I took 3 of them and tossed them in a bath of Italian dressing, Dales, and Worcestershire Sauce for a few hours in the fridge. I took the other and rubbed it down with Walkerswood Jamaican Seasoning/Rub.

Loin 1
Some Byron's Butt Rub I had on hand and some Light Brown Sugar

Loin 2
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder

Loin 3
Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic Powder, Pepper, Salt, and Pinch of Mustard Powder

Loin 4
Walkerswood Jamaican Rub(nothing else added)

Wanted to use my SV24 for this but realized I was out of wood chunks at the last minute so I tossed them in the MES40 along with my AMNPS with Hickory Pellets. I knew this would be a fairly short smoke. Ran steady at 225 for the whole smoke. Wanted to get as much smoke in them as I could but ended up hitting 145 after about 2 hours(was guessing 2 1/2-3 hrs).

I let them rest in foil for about 30 minutes in the Yeti with a blanket around them and then tossed them on the cutting board. These things smelled wonderful and were already juicy before I even cut into them.

Added some mashed potatoes, green beans, and garlic bread. Homemade Slaw and Cucumber/Tomato/Onion Salad(not pictured forgot to get pics).

The verdict: everyone loved it. These things were extremely juicy and had great smoke flavor to them. I liked the Jamaican jerk (was extremely spicy) it had great flavor just the right amount of kick and smoke to it. The kids like the SPOG one. My wife liked the Rosemary and Thyme crusted one. And everyone liked the BBQ rub one(it tasted kind of like pulled pork but not pulled if you know what I mean).

Thanks for looking!

PT1.jpg

PT2.jpg

PT3.jpg

PT4.jpg

PT5.jpg

PT6.jpg

PT7.jpg

PT8.jpg

PT9.jpg

PT10.jpg

Nice job on the tenders, and showcasing the PBR. Is there a way to verbally describe how spicy the jerk rub is? I ask because I want to try some, but the wife isn't into real spicy.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Nice job on the tenders, and showcasing the PBR. Is there a way to verbally describe how spicy the jerk rub is? I ask because I want to try some, but the wife isn't into real spicy.

Point for sure.

Chris

The walkerswood jerk is really spicy. Its the only thing I can find around here that's authentic and gives that jerk flavor. I had the hot and spicy version but I think they make a mild version that would probably suit you're wife's taste. I found mine at Kroger's here but I think you can get it off amazon for like $10 a bottle.

Excellent looking tenderloins! I love smoking tenderloins. Cheap, quick and easy...not to mention tasty!

Those tenderloins look absolutely fantastic!
What a delicious looking meal!
Very nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Great looking loins! Thanks for the FDA lowering their safe pork temp as it yields pork just like you made. Aaaaaawwwsuuuum!

Great looking loins, And love the jerk, That is our go to jerk up here, Nice spice to it. Like all the way, congrats on the carousel ride...

Great looking loins! Thanks for the FDA lowering their safe pork temp as it yields pork just like you made. Aaaaaawwwsuuuum!
What is the safe temp for pork? I love my steaks rare but I've always cooked my pork so it's not pink in the middle.

What is the safe temp for pork? I love my steaks rare but I've always cooked my pork so it's not pink in the middle.

Used to be 160 and they lowered it down to 145. These were sitting right at the 145 mark and they were wonderful. Juicy and great flavor!

I love my pork chops/loin with a little pink in them. I usually think they are a little overcooked if they are just white all the way through.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky