• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sunday night tri-tip Queeeeeeew Veiwwwwwwwww!!!

yrrndsmoker

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 8, 2010
So for dinner last night i decided to inject and smoke a 3 lb tri-tip.  I smoked it at about 340 degrees and it took about an hour or so.  I mixed up a batch of wooshy,bud light,yoshida's, garlic terriaki and injected the roast. Then put it in a vacuum container for about 1/2 hr before putting on the smoker. Took it to about 145 degrees before pulling it and wrapping in foil for 10-15 min before  slicing it up.  Enjoy, I did!!   

And of course gotta have leftovers the next day!!!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
That is some real good looking tritip right there - congrats on a great smoke

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Oh yea that looks wonderful. I wish tritips weren't so darn expensive around here.

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
Nice job.  Especially of carefully noting the grain when slicing. Wish the grain would run in one direction, but they are still a great piece of meat.

And yes, here in Central California they became popular as a good piece of meat at a great price.  No more.  Prices have about tripled over the years.

yrrndsmoker

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 8, 2010
Oh yea that looks wonderful. I wish tritips weren't so darn expensive around here.

Nice job.  Especially of carefully noting the grain when slicing. Wish the grain would run in one direction, but they are still a great piece of meat.

And yes, here in Central California they became popular as a good piece of meat at a great price.  No more.  Prices have about tripled over the years.
I think i usually pay between $3-4 per lb.  thanks everyone for the comments.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

WOW is about all I can say to that one. The sammie looks great too.

Last edited:

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Great looking Tri-tip. It's cooked just the way I like it!! Hmmm.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.