Sunday, May 16 is National BBQ Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I don't show that is a holiday on my calendar, coarse every day is liable to end up as a NBD event here lol, I did score some fresh Dates cream cheese and bacon this morning, Pu a bottle of jerk BBQ sauce and some chicken at Kroger's about 630 today, so whats your plans?

Just found out about this National Holiday.
No chores for me.
Time to smoke me a meatloaf on the Weber Kettle.
Later.
I didn’t know this either until I saw it but n the news this morning. Man why didn’t someone give us a heads up earlier this week so we could plan. Can’t wait to see your meatloaf.

Reactions: 912smoker
Well I don't show that is a holiday on my calendar, coarse every day is liable to end up as a NBD event here lol, I did score some fresh Dates cream cheese and bacon this morning, Pu a bottle of jerk BBQ sauce and some chicken at Kroger's about 630 today, so whats your plans?
Nice score for you!
I gotta go check out the freezer. Thankfully a steer just moved from my pasture to my freezer so there is lots of beef options

Reactions: JLeonard
Yup agree should be a notice before today. Thaw out that steak Peachey should be ready by the time I make it to your house. :emoji_laughing:

Warren

Wife got some ribs Friday, think they are babybacks.... so I guess we are doing babybacks!

I pulled some beef short ribs out of the freezer and raced to the store while my wife started inviting some friends
This will be the meat options . Hopefully there is something for everyone.
C93546A2-C930-430A-ABC5-EB7F10E68795.jpeg
7CE6A45B-9C82-4233-92E9-57CF0A38A8FD.jpeg
13F06606-90AE-49F1-AD2B-2474A367A2AF.jpeg
37CB1BEA-1372-4974-A179-CB4877D3F750.jpeg

I saw it on the news today too.

I already had plans to do my second smoke today anyway so I'm celebrating with a beer.

Cut up two whole chickens, a first for me. 99 cents a pound vs $1.99 for the pre cut chicken.

Anyway, I brined it for 4 hours, then tossed it in olive oil and chicken rub.

Just threw some sausages on the rack above the chicken.

In about 20 minutes I'll be throwing some mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese, asiago and cheddar, bacon and crab.

The whole thing should be done right around 6 PM.

As I mentioned above, this is my second smoke. I am still having issues controlling temp, I am alway 40 or 50 degrees over my target. My first time, I hit 565 degrees before I got the fire under control and could put the meat on!

This time I haven't cracked 340. Currently 280.

I'm learning but, it's a learning curve...

I was wondering about what you were going to do with all the meat from the cow you had cut up. All I'm seeing is store bought.

Dang are those CPB ribs from the freezer? They look like they were fed out nice. Too bad only 2 Tri tip come from a beef. Your guest are lucky to dine on CPB aka Certified Peachey Beef.

Reactions: smokin peachey
I guess I did it right.

As my guests exited they said 'chef', 'genius' and 'polymath'.

The dude who said 'polymath' is now on my 'Christmas list'.

Reactions: daspyknows
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky