• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

edward36

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Hey guys,

Lamb shanks - one of the most underestimated cuts, and absolutely undeservedly. I love those braised or, in this case, smoked pretty much the same way they smoke turkey legs. So here we go!

So simple, so delicious - few lamb shanks, rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with Kajun spice rub (I use a local one, so if you're in the land down under, DM me - will ping you the name), but any rub you like will do... I smoke on pellets, 275F (135C), 2 hours give or take. No mopping required, but if you want an extra layer of flavour you can mop the shanks with your favourite mop.

Best way is to eat it off the bone, but can be sliced too...

1592314387890.jpg
1592314643648.jpg
1592314718610.jpg

Looks really, really good. I’ve never had lamb so don’t know if I like it or not. My wife doesn’t like lamb so I’ve never purchased any to try.
my have to give it a go.

Johnny Ray

Reactions: edward36
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky