Sunday Cook with MAMA and TWIGGY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smok'n steve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 11, 2008
Maine
Just firing them up right now:-)

One fatty, 2 chickens, 2 butts, and 2 top rounds and what ever else I can come up with---oh yeah ABT's.

Twiggy will do one of the 3 pound top rounds:-)

More pics later

Steve

Steve, that's just too cute!
biggrin.gif

Love the wooden archway too!

Its a good day for it! I do burn some of that wood for the house heat too! I need MORE.

Back outside---oh , I am trying CApt Dan's fat scoring idea on the butts! PLus I used his tinfoil "solution" to protect my probe wires!!!

Will be pulling the top round roasts soon, around 135 to 140 minus and let em sit!

Steve, that's beautiful weather you're having, nothing like lighting it up with TBS!!! Excellent looking grub, as always, and just LOVE that lil' smoker in action!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks Laurel, its good to be outdoors with smoke!!

The beef was pulled at 138 each. They were within ten minutes of each other even though they were on different smokers.

Here's a pic of the 3 pounder cooked on twiggy the mini and the ABT's and fatty too :-)

Steak sammies for lunch! Butts are around 130ish

The chickens are up to around 150 and the butts are 160ish, I think I should have scored the fat-caps a bit deeper to get the penetration "look" like C.Dan did. I will move the butts into a broiler pan (to catch the juices) and cover w/foil in the next 5 to 10 degrees:-)

Mighty fine lookin pics, the food, the wood archway, and the mamma and baby lang. To cool of a way to spend sunday at home.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Props again for the pics of the beef sammies, and the chickens. When you get that thing fired up, I love that it's full of goodies!!

Everything looks fantastic! I love to see the little guys in action! Been following them as they have grown up. Like watchin my 10.5 month old little dude taking his first steps this weekend!

Chicken for supper, butts are climbing and are covered now:-)

Ok-I am done posting pics after this!! I just wanted to finish the Job. The butts came out great, I took em to around 200, one a bit higher and one just below. They took 8 hours and sat for 1/2 hour.

After sitting, taking a peak----

digging around a bit, bones in the back

pulled without sauce yet

Thanks Neens,

225 to 250 on the left gauge, I didn't bother with electronic smoker temp monitoring today, just probed the meats. So, you will notice I put the chickens to the far right:-)

Steve

Awesome job from both smokers. Keep it up and I'll get fatter just looking at your great smokes....
Andy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky