Sunday Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Which finishing sauce recipe did you use?
i dont recall who's it is - sorry to whom ever made shared this...wish I could remember...but tis killer!

The Finishing Sauce I use is as follows:

1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

Reactions: forktender
i dont recall who's it is - sorry to whom ever made shared this...wish I could remember...but tis killer!

The Finishing Sauce I use is as follows:

1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Looks good I'll give it a try next week.
Thank you.
Dan

Reactions: sandyut
Out of all the things I keep on hand, I didn't have any Tony C's, but I found this copy cat recipe online, and it's excellent. I did add a tsp of dry oregano and ground it all up in the spice grinder until it was fine like sand.
Here is the copy cat recipe that I used for the Tony C's.

Ingredients

• 3 1/4 cups salt (26 ounces)
  • 3 tablespoons ground black pepper (1 1/2 ounces) ground black pepper
  • 4 tablespoons red peppers, ground (2 ounces)
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder (1 ounce)
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder (1 ounce)
  • 2 tablespoons MSG (1 ounce Accent)

I cut the recipe in half because I don't use cajun seasoning very often and because my spice shelves are running out of space. LOL

I haven't pulled the pork yet, but I can already tell this stuff is going to taste awesome on it.

Thanks again for the recipe, I'll let you know how everyone likes it tomorrow afternoon.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky