Sunday Baby Backs and Tenderloin QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignit

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Just a quick thread to show that I'm still smokin. Baby Backs, ABTs, Bacon wrapped tenderloin, shrimp wrapped with prosciutto. The shrimp and the ABTs didn't make it to the photo op. I smoked these BBs for 2 hours... wrapped in foil 2 hours and then smoked without foil for about another 45 minutes. Pulled clean off the bone with a tug. They were some of the best I've done. Tenderloin wasn't in the plan till I saw them on sale this morning at Kroger. Hard to pass up 2 tenderloins for 5 bucks. Had a nice day smokin and a nice evenin with the family eatin.

Here they are at 2 hours ready for the foil. I rubbed them down with spicy Yoshidas and then put Reds Rub on them. No sugar. Very little salt. Spritzed them with Strawberry Margarita mix before foiling and after foiling.

16455_1207825789569_1046423994_30533473_5599162_n.jpg

Plated up.

16455_1207825829570_1046423994_30533474_7288310_n.jpg

The tenderloin. This stuff is so easy and soooooo goood.

16455_1207825869571_1046423994_30533475_1457826_n.jpg

Nothing experimental or off the chart. Just a nice lazy day with some good smokes and wonderful dinner with family. What it's all about.
Thanks for lookin.

Well the spicy Yoshidas, everyone has to appreciate that but I was intrigued by the strawberry margarita mix spritz. How much flavor does it add to the meat?
Really want to give that a try now.
Thanks for posting Dave, keep up the good smokes!

Looks like you had a happy belly and happy smoker.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I don't ever make a point of spritzing. I just do it when I open the smoker to foil or add something to the smoke. I figured something that was really strong would take less of to flavor. Just on a whim bought some of this mix and it works great. Leaves a little sweet and a little twang. There are other flavors I want to try also. I don't use any sugar in my Rub so this is all the sweet I get unless I put BBQ sauce on, which I only do on request.

Oh man those look good.....I so need to do a tenderloin. That is one thing I have not smoked. I think I'll get 2 of them and make one in to bacon. thanks for helping me make up my mind...lol

Get the loin for Canadian Bacon. The tenderloin doesn't do a real good job with the bacon. It's just too small. If you do use a tenderloin for bacon... watch really close how long you cure. It is so small it gets salty really quick.

As usual Dave, great work man.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points.gif

Hey Pig'n I can imagine why the shrimp wrapped in prosciutto didn't make it to the pics! WOW- they sound delicious. Incredible, actually...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
no wonder.

Also like to thank you and Red for having way-back-when started the Pastrami thing. I think you did anyway, and have always been impressed with your results. You really got The Dude into it and the rest is history!

Apparently we have Pastrami Month rolling here and you should be recognized as one of the originators. Thank you!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Ron Man walked me through my first strami and it's been a staple here ever since. It's also one of Reds absolute favorites so you know what that means. Odds are there is some strami in the fridge, in the freezer... or one gettin ready to smoke. And it's hard to mess one up...... not met one I didn't like yet.

The shrimp was really tasteeeee but a little on the dry side. The prosciutto worked the way I wanted... as it is ready to eat out of the package, I pulled the shrimp off when the shrimp was done instead of waiting on the bacon to crisp up. Gonna have to work on that a little more... Thanks for the comps.

They look great. I think my next experiment in my MES is going to be ribs. There is nothing better than looking at and reading posts while snacking on a good piece of beef jerky.

BKOS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky