Sunday afternoon ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

carpetride

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 25, 2008
Cooked 4 racks today....3 BB's and 1 STL cut. I'm trying one based upon a recipe in Myron Mixon's book and another with a recipe out of Chris Lilly's. Thought I would see how they compare to my own side by side. I know that they aren't really sharing any secrets but I got the books for my birthday and thought I would try something different.

Looking the Myron Mixon rack

Top left Stl Spares with my rub, Top RIght Mixon, Bottom left BB with my rub, Bottom right Chris Lilly rub.

Last edited:
Looks like its gonna be a fun day at your house. Looks great. Cant wait to see how you like them.

I sauced the BB that had my rub, not something that I normally do

The Lilly ribs coming off

The smoker just smelled great today! Cooked with Hickory which is my wood of choice.

The Lilly ribs coming off
f3ef285b_i-xMsRRpb-X2.jpg

The smoker just smelled great today! Cooked with Hickory which is my wood of choice.
Taste test results???  *drools prodigiously on own keyboard*  

Taste test thoughts....

Mixon- were hotter than I preferred but had a good taste and flavor. I will try it again and cut the heat.
Lilly-- were good but just seemed to be missing that one key ingredient, a touch of garlic or oregano may help this rub.
Mine sauced--- I'm just not a sauce person, even when it is my own
Mine no sauce--- what can I say I have learned how to cook to my taste...they were dead A55 on!

The rest of the family pretty had the same opinions.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky