Sunday A.M. backbacon smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2007
N.B. Canada
Hey all...haven't had time to post a smoke in awhile very busy with work and such....anyhow we had a sale on boneless loins at work , whole vac packed for $ 1.99 / lb ...so of course I was thinkin backbacons
smile.gif

well I cured them with buckboard cure for 6 days , turning once per day , then I washed them and let them sit uncovered overnight in the fridge , to dry up .

I seasoned them with a good shake of blackpepper and some garlic powder and threw them in my trusty MES @ 175 with hickory for smoke and a fatty for approx 5 hrs and pulled them at 152 *....the results are 23 # of some very tasty canadian backbacon ...very yummy ...a must try for anyone who hasn't tried it yet .

Here's the q-view
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

e63f5322_vbattach15829.jpg

0083ff98_vbattach15830.jpg

3677fbde_vbattach15828.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky