Summer Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looking good.    Waiting on your taste test and sliced pictures.
icon_wink.gif

I used LEM fiberous casings.  Still going smaller ones are at 149 and the larger ones are at 142.  Ice bath afterwards and then hang for a while.

2 cooled and hanging 4 still smoking, almost done all at about 150.

Here they are. From left to right, Garlic and Pepperjack, Plain with encapsulated citric acid and Jalapeno with Blue Cheese.  I like all, I would do a little less cheese next round and less citric acid in the plain.  But again pleased over all. 

Jalapeno with blue cheese, now that sounds good!!
It looks like they came out perfect.

Good looking sausage you got there. One question I have regarding summer sausage . In all the different recipes I've seen none call for powdered milk or soy protein. Are these not need as a binder in summer sausage?

Last edited:

Good looking sausage you got there. One question I have regarding summer sausage . In all the different recipes I've seen none call for powdered milk or soy protein. Are these not need as a binder in summer sausage?
I sometimes do in regular sausage but not in summer sausage. I have never had bad summer sausage so far, knock on wood. 
beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky