Summer Sausage Florida Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Who says you can't make SS in the summer?  EH

Had a couple people message me asking how come my meat is not grey after mixing? Well maybe your not using good quality meat and mix  

In the fridge for stuffing/smoking tomorrow. Hope i don't have to smoke in the sun as our awning motor went out last week, they supposed to fix today sometime.

Do you just gradually move from shade to sun to raise the smoker temperature?
No its normally under the awning. Digital control so i can keep temps pretty constant

This batch is for the park managers son. They wanted to pay me, said no you just buy the meat cuz i have everything else.

Stuffing 1.5" fibrous.

Stuffed now hang at room temp for an hour. And a shorty 6"

Normally i don't cut and vac seal so soon after smoking but i needed to get this to the managers son.

My taste tester said its a hit

Reactions: bdskelly
ok.. so a couple of them for him... that leaves four.... need my address ?? or want me to drive over ??? I know storage room is tight in RV.. let me help you out....

Thumbs Up

(can't imagine what he will bring to S. Fl. Gathering)

Last edited:
ok.. so a couple of them for him... that leaves four.... need my address ?? or want me to drive over ??? I know storage room is tight in RV.. let me help you out....

icon14.gif

Still trying to work out the S FL Gathering.  Work just got a big contract that might keep me hopping the rest of the year.

icon14.gif

Keep me posted on the S,FL Gathering. I will try to make it this year being its just down the rd a spell.

Kieth

I will be making 15 lbs of chubs and sticks soon. We should hook up sometime.

Last edited:
Nice looking summer sausage! I live closer than the rest of them so I don't mind driving up to sample them and report back to the group.

Hope you can make the fall S Florida Gathering.

So far my only sausage making has been brats and breakfast sausage. I will have to give SS a try soon.

Craig

Nice looking summer sausage! I live closer than the rest of them so I don't mind driving up to sample them and report back to the group.

Hope you can make the fall S Florida Gathering.

So far my only sausage making has been brats and breakfast sausage. I will have to give SS a try soon.

Craig
Let me know few days in advance when your in my area and i will make some fresh. What i have now has been vac sealed and heading to KY with me in July and Sept.

Thanks Nepas

We passed thru there last Sunday on our way to see John & Carol. Ran thru some intense rain storms up your way.

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky