Suggest a Rub for Pulled Pork Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atticus

Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Okay I have signed-up, I posted in Roll Call, I have taken the 5-day ecourse, I bought Jeff's recipies, I have read the sticky thread in this the Pork forum...

Jeff's Naked Rib Rub looks like its for ribs... Is there a different rub for pulled pork? I searched the word "Rub" in the pork forum with no results (titles only)...

Thanks in advance.

nope.....use jeff's rub on the pork.........werks great...........put the rub on heavy the nite before........wrap in saran wrap, and put in fridge overnite.......the rub, for me anyways, turns abit to a sauce......so be careful un wrapping it..........

put in on the smoker.....FAT CAP DOWN......you do this so a barq will form......i then pour any rub/liquid over the butt, and sprinkle more rub on it..........

thats it........you will get a WONDERFUL barq...........this method ROCKS for me

Pork is pork!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

I like to spread yellow mustard over the meat before adding the rub. The vinagar in the mustard kind of pre-cooks the meat, keeps the rub in place, and I think helps make a better bark. Also, you'll never know the mustard was used. I let it sit overnight in the fridge and take it out when I start my fire to let the meat get to room temp (or close).
Make sure you take some pictures for q-view.

And a tip on using the forum search--just using a short word like "rub" will yield results in nearly every thread. Add some more details for better results.

As for rub, I haven't made my own yet but will be trying soon. Some of the "off the shelf" rubs I've had luck with have been from Stubb's and Paul Prudhomme.

unfournatly dave......you can't add more details.......this search is a one word search only........more than that.......liked smoked corn..........you will pull up every thing with either smoked OR corn.....but not neccissarily both..........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky