Suckling Pig UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rw willy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Well, I got a 21 pounder Friday.  Cleaned her up and marinated in a mojo.  Lots of garlic, oregano orange juice, lime and lemon.  S & P also.  She sat in that for 6 hours.   I started a 8 lb shoulder @ 6 that evening.  At 3 am I foiled it and placed in oven to finish.  I put the pig on the UDS after topping off the basket with cowboy lumb and hickory.  I was going to chop off the head to fit her in the drum, but.  I was able to tuck the rear legs in the chest cavity.  She fit in the drum and smoked at 225ish for 10 hrs.  I took her off and all parts were registering 180.  Rested on the counter for a couple of hrs. as the ABTs and pulled pork was completed.

It was a huge hit.  Tender sweet.  The bones seperated clean, big sections of meat pulled out and placed on a bun.  I recommend it to all.  No pics of the sliced meat sorry.  The table looked like a riot went through it as soon as I started cutting. It cost $3.75 a pound.

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PICS.  I AM SORRY

Last edited:
Here are the pics.  Sorry for the lack of posting skills.  Enjoy

c2087ee5_ready.jpg

fadf6016_bath.jpg

87d468fa_Smoked.jpg
a82d51fc_Dinner.jpg
d3f6bfac_Prepped.jpg

where do you get such a thing and can you get them is different weights? reason i ask that is  my smoker(home build)  isnt quite big enough for a full size pig but could get a smaller one in  it is 32 in long

cool.gif

Very nice Job there Willy. You smoked that pig to profection I'm sure it is for it looks great so I know it tasted good too. Man I wish I lived near you. But thanks for the photos that we got to see.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks for looking.  It was very good.  i found it at the local butcher, no problems.  Give them two weeks and they will have any size pig you want.

Hope to motivate you all to try something new.  I will be doing this again.

Man, that little pig looks absolutely amazing. The pic of it marinating in the cooler almost made me feel sorry for it.  
wink.gif

Sadly, we don't have any full on butcher shops in our area. Do you know if a butcher in a regular old grocery store like Bloom or Wegmans will take special orders like these?

Last edited:
Looks great!!  Do you have a recipe fro your mojo marinade?  If you do could you post it?

Mark

nice job..........and great color! is it just me or does it kinda look like a lobster looking pig with the legs tucked underneath?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky