Stuffing sausage with a #32 meat grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JZ_Focus

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
York, PA
So, today I finally broke out the grinder that I bought when Gander Mountain was going out of business. It works like a champ and ground up the 4.5lbs of meat without any issue. Where I have a question is, when running the meat through the stuffing tube, I filled 2 full casings and a partial third, but there was still a lot of meat in the grinding head. What does anyone else do to push that meat through and into the casing? I basically pulled it all apart and stuffed the last bit by hand through the tube. There has to be an easier way to get all of the meat pushed through.

I use a vertical stuffer . I bet you will too in time . When I didn't have the stuffer I used a couple of slices of bread to push the meat out . Just know when to stop .

Yep, Bread is a classic. Dad would take the last meat from the grinder/tube and cook off a pattie or two as a Butchers Treat...JJ

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky