Stuffed pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lismokeyjoe

Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Long Island New York
Bought two whole pork loins, cut some chops off the ends, and cut the rest into 3 roasts... took out the eletric knife and fileted them out to about 3/8" - 1/2" thick. I roasted a bunch of red peppers, peeled them and cooled them off. I stuffed the pork loin with the roasted red peppers, sliced red onions, panko crumbs, and permesean cheese. Layed it all out and then rolled it up and tied it. Into the smoker it went. Thats dinner for tonite. I'll post the after smoker pics later, but for now here are the pre-smoking pics...

The loins all layed out ready for filling

Stuffed and ready to roll, and one done in the background...

Heading in for a good smokin...

I'll post the after pics later when they are done...

Looks like you're off to a good start so far.

What wood are you using? What temp are you taking it to? Are you spritzing them with anything?

I cooked them to 155, and they werent quite juicy enough, have to stop a little lower next time. They werent really dry, just not juicy enough. It's a propane fired smoker, with hickory chips in the hopper. I didnt spray them with anything cause i was less prepared than I thought I was. (my daughter drank all of the apple juice I was planning to use...)

here are the finished pics.

They look good
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Please make a Roll Call post and tell us a little about you and your smoker its kinda a custom around here

Mine once finished off my bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
biggrin.gif

That looks great - fantastic job!

I should note, I did a stuffed loin about two months ago and I remember thinking it was not as moist as I wanted once it came time to eat.

The next time, here is what I changed. I pulled it at 151° (think I was drinking Baccardi 151 the night before. lol)

Then I foiled it and let it rest in a WARM oven for 30 minutes. (warm = 180-190°)

Unwrapped it and let it rest only 10 minutes more before slicing. Much more of a juicy texture than my first effort. Pulling 5° sooner and doing the foil trick really helped.

Great looking meal, though!

Brian

Yea I was thinking of 150 next time. The taste was awesome, the peppers were so soft they were almost just like a sauce, and the panko crumbs sucked up the excess juices and made a nice little stuffing in there. I am glad a made several when i made them. Over the course of two nights I prepped and froze enough dinners for about a month.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky