Stuffed Pork Loin w/ Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sky monkey

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2015
Western Oregon
Picked up this 5lb half loin on sale for $1.68lb. Couldn't turn away at that price. I'd never tried a stuffed pork loin before so this was my chance.
20180807_192500.jpg

I seasoned both sides with SPOG and smoked paprika and some Tony's Cajun. I then added 1 1/2 Fuji apples and 3/4 can of whole cranberries jellied and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in the blender for a bit and spread over the sliced pork loin. Over that I put 4 oz of herbed goat cheese, a handful of fresh basil and some crushed fresh rosemary. That was my first time making a loin flat, I'll cut it better next time.
20180807_195606.jpg
Tied it up with couple large sprigs of rosemary from the garden and wrapped with stretch wrap. Into the fridge for the next day after work smoke.
20180807_201028.jpg
About 6pm the next day I added some beef broth, brisket juice from Sunday and some onions for tasty drippings.
20180808_180132.jpg
Put it over apple wood at 275° F for a couple hours until the IT reached 145°
20180808_194907.jpg
Money shot
20180808_195216.jpg
You can see where I can improve on my slicing technique, I could of got another 3/4 spral I think. And here it is ready for eatin' with some green beans and fried Brussell sprouts
20180808_195301.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pictures. It was damn tasty. I'll be doing this again!

JP, that is a thing of beauty!
It looks perfectly cooked, tender & juicy!
Great looking meal & congrats on making the carousel!!
Al

Very nice. I done a lot of stuffed loins and I have found that a very sharp filet knife works best for me. One of our favorites is to stuff with granny smith apples and fresh goat cheese. I let the cheese soften, mix the spices in with the cheese and spread on the loin. Some fresh sage leaves and red pepper flakes goes well with pork. I have also used fresh pineapple as a stuffing. Nice thing about a pork loin is you can do so many things with it.

Wow that looks awesome!
Guess what... whole pork loins are on sale for $0.99 here this weekend!!! :D

SM, Good looking loin, I haven't got any better at cutting loins up after a dozen or so ! Yours is fine. like

Very nice! There is not one thing wrong with that meal! Congrats on the carousel!

Thanks all for the likes and kind words!
chile- The goat cheese really made it work, it was a good combo. Thanks!
Al - Thanks for the carousel!
AllAces - I'm going to try letting the goat cheese soften next time like you said. It was a pain to spread cold.
motocrash - I see what you did there, thanks!
crazymoon - you are not very encouraging, lol I really hope more practice helps me

wish I could figure out that quote thing... I'll figure it out tomorrow

wish I could figure out that quote thing... I'll figure it out tomorrow
2 ways that I know
To quote whole post,click on quote on bottom right.When you start your next post it will be stored in a quotes box on the bottom left.
To quote certain parts,click and drag over what you want to quote and a box will pop up.Click quote and do the and same as above when posting.

Nice looking loin you made. Top notch.

Point for sure.

Chris

I like the idea of apples in the stuffing, stealing that idea for myself

who cares if your cutting wasn't perfect, it sure looks good to me!

That is a beautiful looking loin. We are avid fans of the stuffed and smoked pork loins. Looks like you did a great job of it. Nice combination of flavors. Like for sure. Congrats on the carousel ride.

Nice! VERY nice!

When I was asked to fillet meat, if allowed, I'd cut it to just smaller than the length of my knife (14") and then I'd lay something on the cutting board so my knife tip couldn't go low, and I'd have a "line" to aim for.
then, I'd "unroll" the meat.... and it would only work for me if my knife was SHARP SHARP SHARP.
I could do OK freehand, but it was never perfect.

you did a fine job for a first time, and with practice, you'll get much better.

That looks awesome! I have to try that. I normally have just smoked the whole loin, but I love how the stuffed look turns out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky