Stuffed pig burger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingd

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Vegreville, AB, Canada
Well I decided to do a pork burger stuffed with saute'd mushroom and onion. I started with a nice pork shoulder steak.

I ground 4 large mushrooms and a 1/4 of an onion plus 1 tbls of chopped garlic as I was grinding the meat.

Then sliced some onion, mushroom and jalepeno for the guts of the burger

I saute'd these in butter and red wine vinegar until tender. (I also tossed in a touch of ground pepper and a pinch of salt.)

Onto stuffing this thing. I use a 4" piece of PVC cut 1" thick for my mold
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
. I used an old sharp cheddar and then topped with a small piece of processed cheese.

Put the top on pull off the mold and mmmmmmmmmmm one big ass burger

I plan to smoke these with a mix of hickory and birch. Will post the results soon

Thanks for looking

P.S.
Thought you might like these pics of my new cutting board. I built this out of Maple and bordered with Walnut. This cutting board is 22"X22"X1 1/2" and weighs in around 8lbs.

and the other side

This last pic is just to give you a better idea of the color of this thing

Nice looking burgers and that cutting board looks great

The board looks great, the burger looks great, but tomorrow I will be hunting up a piece of pvc for sure. If its good enough to carry drinking water it oughta be good enough for food prep.

This just made my day. Two days ago making burgers I was thinking of a way to russel up a burger press.

Thank You.

just curious, you said a piece of 4" PVC 1" thick....how much meat was required per burger?

and that was for 1 burger right?...gotta be a decent sized burger

BTW Looks awesome 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
, I love they way folks on here incorporate PVC with smoking, the simplest ideas are so often over looked.

Great Job my friend

just curious, you said a piece of 4" PVC 1" thick....how much meat was required per burger?

and that was for 1 burger right?...gotta be a decent sized burger

BTW Looks awesome 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
, I love they way folks on here incorporate PVC with smoking, the simplest ideas are so often over looked.

Great Job my friend
Each burger uses approx.  1/3 of a pound of meat depending on if you choose to stuff it or not.
 And yes it is one big burger my wife has only ever finished one LOL.  I also have some PVC cut to 3/4",1/2" and 3/8" thickness for the smaller mouthed people lol

Last edited:
those look really good, i never thought about grinding pork like that, good i bet? and those homade chips are getting me wanting to make some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky