stuffed loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uhmgood

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
acworth , ga.
c3bf17a9_DSCF0020.jpg

butterflied

069275fe_DSCF0021.jpg

spread with prune filling

524d280e_DSCF0022.jpg

apple sticks

d1f2ce6a_DSCF0023.jpg

trussed up

f5a2521a_DSCF0024.jpg

plated up

21d0bcf0_DSCF0025.jpg

first q view , i see what i did wrong , i'll do better next time

thanks bear , i finally got my buddy over to show me how to post pics. now i just have to take better pics

Prune spread and apple sticks. That's got to be a great flavor match up.

My wife would love that. I think I'll put that on my list. My store has got

loin on sale this week. How about a pic tutorial of your trussing method?

Great job...James

hey master , i really didn't give  much info on the " cook" i was more interested in learning how to post a pic . as far as the trussing , you like that don't ya , i learned that method from one of my all time favorite chefs , jacques pepin . it's all one piece of twine and pretty easy to do , i bet if you google it you will find it, theres no way i could show how to do it without a video, heck , i just learned how to put a pic up

nice job on the butterflying & tie. I do something similar at work except I'm basically lazy so jam a butchers steel down the middle & ream me out a hole. Then stuff whole prunes down along with diced apple and some raisins. Looks kinda cool when plated up.

yo master one more thing , the prune filling may not be the easiest thing to find , i'm hungarian and the hunky name for prune is " lekvar", you might find it by that name , it said it on the jar i bought at publics. if you can't find it i think you could take whole prunes and put them in a cuisenart with a little apple juice to make a nice paste. and as far as the apple sticks , i only cut them like that to make it easier to roll up

chef willie , i used to do it exactly the same way , stick a steel down the middle and stuff . BUT , you only get the filling in the middle and i really like the pin wheel look when you butterfly it and roll it up, plus you get a taste of the filling in every bite

hey master , i really didn't give  much info on the " cook" i was more interested in learning how to post a pic . as far as the trussing , you like that don't ya , i learned that method from one of my all time favorite chefs , jacques pepin . it's all one piece of twine and pretty easy to do , i bet if you google it you will find it, theres no way i could show how to do it without a video, heck , i just learned how to put a pic up
Kinda looks like a method of tying we use in the tower business a lot. We call it a "Chain Hitch".

Is this it?

0abf2008_Chain.gif

Bear

thats it bear , there definately is a technique to actually trussing it up and if you can find a video i'm sure it would make it 10x easier to learn ( its all in the wrist )

hey bear , i got your message but i'm so bad i don't know how to reply except here, and i read the message several times and i'm sorry to say "i don't get it " went right over my head , maybe i'm looking for more then there is

thats it bear , there definately is a technique to actually trussing it up and if you can find a video i'm sure it would make it 10x easier to learn ( its all in the wrist )
Everybody knows how to tie a "half hitch".

The chain hitch is just a series of continuous half hitches.

You can make the spacing as narrow or as wide as you want, as you go.

I couldn't find a video. they only seem to have the trickier ones, like clove hitch, blood knot, etc, etc.

Bear

hey bear , i got your message but i'm so bad i don't know how to reply except here, and i read the message several times and i'm sorry to say "i don't get it " went right over my head , maybe i'm looking for more then there is

OK, I'll explain here.

You said you were Hungarian, and used a Hungarian word (above).

So I told you in that PM (because I didn't want to bore anyone but you) my best friend, all my life since 10th grade is a Hungarian, and his last name is "Medve".

My point was that my handle on this forum is "Bear", and I just found out that "Medve" in Hungarian means "Bear".

Bear

Just to add a lil diff to your fantastic prune and apple wedge filling, try apple butter, honey and either apricots or peaches--really gives a great kick.  Also I have used plum jam from wild plum trees, almost the best of both. Thanks for the post, I do enjoy stuffin my meat.  hehe

Rich

hey bearcarver , thats the problem , i don't speak hungarian , i only know a few words and mostly food or cuss related . alaskanbear , you got something going on with that recipe , i'll be giving that a try

hey bearcarver , thats the problem , i don't speak hungarian , i only know a few words and mostly food or cuss related . alaskanbear , you got something going on with that recipe , i'll be giving that a try
LOL---That's about the only PA Dutch I know too---Cuss words from my Dad yelling at me when I was a kid!!!  
biggrin.gif

I know I loved the Hungarian "Holupkis" my buddy's Mom used to make for me all the time!!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky