Stuff I'm Growing 2014

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
Small garden this year..... going to put that area into alfalfa.... Moving toward all apple bin garden......

Onions
In Apple Bins
L@@K at the weeds....
2 hours of pulling.... Like my weed toboggan !!!!!!
Multiplier Onions I bought on e-bay.... a rip off..... they were smaller than a dime when they arrived.....
Shallots
Weed Toboggan ready to dump....
Dump bucket on my tractor....
Tomatoes, Cukes, Basil....

Looks great

Dave it's a great way to grow, everything I've tried grows bigger, faster and better than anything I've done in the dirt. I'm headed out of town tomorrow but when I get back later in the week I'll get more pictures up we are harvesting cucumbers, squash, zucchini and red potatoes. Tomato plants are loaded with tomatoes that aren't ready for harvest yet lettuce is looking great just not big enough but getting there.

When you get time, would you PM me a place to look at supplies.... I went through all you old thread looking for what growing medium you used.... I thought you used "coir" or what ever it is... and maybe a website that isn't full of BS on liquid food and amounts and pump sizes etc..... we do have a great irrigation supply store here but it is in tune to cherries, apples, pears etc...
I really like the recirculating water feature.... not sure if I need it or not.... I'm already paying $800/year for irrigation... I'm allowed 2700 gallons/hour.... plant nutrients would be the only thing to figure out...

Thanks Martin... It's amazing how pouring the fertilizer and water to the crop, the weeds don't slow it down..... the garlic and shallots are looking good...

Since I'm weeding on my hands and knees, I figure I'm getting some energy from the dirt.... I am getting close to not liking it much... :biggrin:

the 1st rule of gardening .....
NEVER HAVE A GARDEN LARGER THAN YOUR WIFE CAN HANDLE !!!!!

ours is just coming up here in the north but the warm and extra daylight will help us catch up...

actually the weeds are waiting to take over ... but i know we can count on them

Goliath

Looking good Dave. We just hit everything in the ground. If I had the space is by growing veggies and Talapia the hydro way. What's deal, fish to smoke and veggies for sides!

the 1st rule of gardening .....

NEVER HAVE A GARDEN LARGER THAN YOUR WIFE CAN HANDLE !!!!!
ours is just coming up here in the north but the warm and extra daylight will help us catch up...
actually the weeds are waiting to take over ... but i know we can count on them

Goliath

Looking good Dave. We just hit everything in the ground. If I had the space is by growing veggies and Talapia the hydro way. What's deal, fish to smoke and veggies for sides!

This may not be too evident.... BUT........ I feel I'm getting smarter because I'm not liking this back wrenching stuff too much any more....

Fish and veggies.... sounds good to me.... just don't know how to keep the fish alive over 5 months or so of freezing weather... I'd even eat the tilapia 'cause it wasn't grown on the Mekong Delta..... HAHAHAHA

The fish and veggies aquaponics makes pretty good sense. the fish provide the nutrients for the veggies, the veggies clean the the water and provide the oxygen for the fish! There is a company here Called Volcano Veggies that is doing this. All indoors and climate controlled.

http://www.volcanoveggies.com/

The fish and veggies aquaponics makes pretty good sense. the fish provide the nutrients for the veggies, the veggies clean the the water and provide the oxygen for the fish! There is a company here Called Volcano Veggies that is doing this. All indoors and climate controlled.
http://www.volcanoveggies.com/

Interesting article..... I wonder what "her" green shake was made up of... and a recipe for it......... Great Story...... Thanks Dirt....

Dave

Last edited:
Great looking garden. I couldn't do all that weeding in one go. I do some weeding every morning just to keep it down to a jungle.

Disco

Last edited:
The tube sticking up is to water the compartment in the bottom of the container..... the tube through the middle is drilled with many, many holes and wrapped with weed barrier.... that allows for air into the center of the soil... These are called "earth boxes".... I have a pdf file but I can't send it...

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky