stuck on fire box opening vs. exhaust diameter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

toolmkr

Original poster
Aug 21, 2016
Hey guys, this is my first thread as I just joined this site. So please bear with me, I have a Bradley which does well for small things, have bought a cheap off-set and done major modifications to it and it works great too, just not enough space on it for my needs. I have acquired an old propane tank 30" round 9' long. I am looking for some advise as far as what the opening size for the fire box side should be ( I can make it any size as I have not yet decided to cut open yet ) and then the proper diameter exhaust tube and opening, height wise. I am planning to create or make the exhaust end similar to the Aaron Franklin type so I know there are sites which tell you this but, a starting point from someone with expertise would be much more helpful. Any thoughts out there are much appreciated. Tim

There are a couple of tables on here that will help you calculate all of the miscellaneous sizes, lengths, holes, etc. that you will need. I'm not sure of the locations, but there are a number of builder guys that will be along to help.

Good luck with your build and good smoking, Joe. :grilling_smilie:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky