Storage of high tem cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tprice

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
I ordered a big pack of high temp cheddar cheese (i think 7 lbs) and a 1lb pack of pepper jack from B&P

I have made one batch of SS with the cheese, turned out GREAT, but not sure how to store it and for how long.

I have it in frig now in bottom drawer, should I keep it in freezer or is it ok in frig.

I may make another batch this coming weekend but then it will be late spring before I make any more due to work, Income Tax Business.

Would I be better off to vaccum seal the big pack in 1 lb, most of time I make 15lb batches of SS, since I will not use it all at one time. Well now that I think of it I guess that last part is a no-brainer, think i will do that this afternoon, go ahead and split it up by 1lb quantities

I think you answered your own question. Vacuum sealed in the freezer should last a couple of years.

icon_cool.gif

It easy and in one word. Food Saver system. Now I would it one and if you don't have one use a ziplock baggie and then intop the freezer it goes till you need it again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky