OK, I've had it for about three weeks, but I finally opened my new 55-gal drum to start my build. It seems to have a coating, but it's so thin and easily scratched, that I'm inclined to think I can burn it off easily. However, there is a dried glob of the original contents in the bottom: from what I deciphered on the painted-over label, it is "aliphatic polyurethane floor coating." I found the company and the tech sheets and MSDS sheets for the two part coating. I believe I have the part B drum, but it seems like it would have to have been mixed to be this hard in the drum. The links are below: http://www.fredainc.com/floor_coatin...hane/B2CAR.pdf http://www.fredainc.com/floor_coatin...msds/2CARB.pdf http://www.fredainc.com/floor_coatin...msds/2CARA.pdf I was able to chip off a piece and burn it last night, and it didn't kill me outright. So I'm inclined to try to burn it out and proceed. I'm no chemist, but I hate to give up a free drum. If anyone has any reasons I shouldn't continue. Let me know. Thanks!