Stoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks very interesting. But I'm not sure I understand what benefit two fans provide that one larger fan could not.

AZRocker, did you notice that the entire exterior of this fella's Char-griller is custom fitted with welding blanket material? I'm wondering how well a mod like that insulates the smoker. Does anyone think that there would be a significant heat retention? How good are welding blankets as an insulator and how much less charcoal is he burning with a mod like that?

I had not noticed. Interesting point. I hear they work very well and that Harbor Freight has a cheap one. I have thought of that for an overniter. That is what I bought the Stoker for. Otherwise I like to tend the fire. Apparently he feels that if he has a significant drop in heat the second fan will assist with heat movement rather then fire stoking.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=41507

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky