Stocking up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
You know I gotta love my Lang to get out and work like this lol. Working on splitting and stacking a cord of mixed apple and pear I had dropped off last week. Splitting about 2/3 larger and 1/3 smaller for start up. It’s pretty green but I’ve used some of the small pieces when I had a good hot coal bed. I also picked up 3/4 of a rick of well seasoned cherry there still on the truck. It will go under the new overhang I had added to our storage shed. I should have a cord of oak dropped off tonight. It should require a whole lot less splitting than the apple / pear.
4CD6B4C3-5B60-40BC-9DC8-EC4F9C9A5EF7.jpeg
24584716-4FF9-4514-B94E-414FF515372E.jpeg
7E15A9DA-F244-460C-B620-8F592E12B67B.jpeg
0F8E68B1-6BC7-4993-AC6E-0ED38195EBC9.jpeg
2C77CC27-76AA-4CCB-A00A-D9D9CCFA556D.jpeg
62B5B6D8-D04F-4E29-B031-F15A945236E0.jpeg

Nice load you got there. I’ve never seen wood stacked like that before does it help it season faster that way?
I was told that it makes the ends stronger. I was just going to stack the ends that way. My wife volunteered to stack and she did it all that way. I asked about it and got this look lol. I wasn’t going to push my luck and lose my help lol.
C0C8D74D-3959-4109-A174-1A9246E7B374.jpeg

Log splitter? What no maul? Haha, JK.
It is nice to have a stack of wood. I have a huge oak down out back, I have been chopping away at it but I need to get moving.

Reactions: jcam222
I was told that it makes the ends stronger. I was just going to stack the ends that way. My wife volunteered to stack and she did it all that way. I asked about it and got this look lol. I wasn’t going to push my luck and lose my help lol.View attachment 498858
That's a go to hell look for sure lol. We only do it at the ends but don't tell her I said that!

That's a go to hell look for sure lol. We only do it at the ends but don't tell her I said that!
Lol right? I knew I was close to losing the help haha. Right before that she was smiling away. I convinced her it was equal to aerobics and she would get sun haha

Yep, never piss off the volunteer help! You don't want to become like Jose jalapeno... on a stick!

Ryan

Reactions: Fueling Around
And here I thought I did a lot today, driving up to rural king to load up on lumberjack pellets. I see where I went wrong tho ... shouldda got my wife to drive.:emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

I was told that it makes the ends stronger. I was just going to stack the ends that way. My wife volunteered to stack and she did it all that way. I asked about it and got this look lol. I wasn’t going to push my luck and lose my help lol.View attachment 498858
Yeah I wouldn’t have argued with that look either. I’ve cut and stacked a lot of wood in my day and have never seen anything like that. forktender forktender I’ve never had a stack fall over either.
E53E40A2-27EE-4247-BA09-829D6C0FCC27.jpeg
I buy loads of wood like this.

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
Yeah I wouldn’t have argued with that look either. I’ve cut and stacked a lot of wood in my day and have never seen anything like that. forktender forktender I’ve never had a stack fall over either. View attachment 498867 I buy loads of wood like this.
This load wasn’t that long but from a circumference standpoint the guy was lazy as heck. Most pieces I split 2 to 3 times. The seasoned cherry I got is much closer to the size I like. I’ll split some of it down to coke can size. PS, not going to tell the wife you said you’ve stacked a lot and never done it that way because she said the exact same thing to me lol. If she keeps helping I’ll dang sure get her leather gloves. Actually pretty sure we have a few nice ones from Rural King in the garage. I’m just waiting to see what her ask is for the help haha.

Yeah I wouldn’t have argued with that look either. I’ve cut and stacked a lot of wood in my day and have never seen anything like that. forktender forktender I’ve never had a stack fall over either. View attachment 498867 I buy loads of wood like this.
Screenshot_20210604_201710.png

Mine gets stacked like Jeff's but only on the ends. Keeps the ends from rolling down if it's not stacked against anything like a post or whatever

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky