Sticky Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dionysus

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 4, 2006
None Of Your Business
Just my wife and I home last night and she decided she wanted some "sticky" ribs. My GOSM is on hiatus this week so I had to improvise. Used my gas grill with indirect heat. Not perfect but it turned out not too bad. Ribs were rubbed with a version of Jeff's rub. Grill maintains a pretty constant temp of about 235 and I used a mixture of apple and cherry wood. The last 30 minutes the ribs were basted with a Honey Garlic Sauce. If anyone is interested this is an excellent sauce I have been using for years and the family stills says it's their favorite. Ribs don't last long with this sauce but make sure you have lots of napkins.

Honey Garlic Rib Sauce
  • ½ cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 ½ cups Ketchup
  • 1 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp vinegar
  • 2 tbsp thick steak sauce
  • 1 tsp prepared mustard
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
  • Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
  • Let cool and use as basting/finishing sauce for ribs.
Qview is before and after the sauce went on .....
53436901_vbattach15374.jpg

58404a3c_vbattach15373.jpg

smokyO......no problems with the cord being in the cooking chamber?

nice idea........i use the same chip box, tho ontop of charchol.......thinking bout using a coffee can tho.......any thoughts?

d8de

I like the stainless steamer insert that dionysus is using.

Dionysus,
I'm anxious to try your recipe. We came across this honey garlic sauce (I know it's store bought, but hey, sometimes easy is OK).

We always add a bunch of fresh grated ginger to it. We like it a lot. It's real sweet, tangy, and above all STICKY.

Has anyone else ever tride it?

jt........give A-1 classic atry...........pretty good........i agree.......i don't like the reg. A-1........TOO thin.........the classic is much thicker

jm2cw

d8de

My personal favorite! I have a neighbor that always like to say "You should never put steak sauce on a steak" (you know the old line)

My question to him is: If you like the steak sauce, what are you supposed to put it on.

Of course the best answer is to mix it 2:1 w/ honey and glaze it onto your chicken.

Drool , slurp wipe , drool ...lick monitor
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif
...man you guys are killin me with those ribs ( my fav )...look goregeous Dion n Smoky
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky