Step by Step Smoked Corn on the Cob

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walking dude

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 5, 2007
Des Moines, IOWA
okay.......i have been getting SEVERAL pm's on how i do this.......so thought i would put this together for other folks......

Now some of the steps seems to simple to post pics of, but for those who may have never done fresh corn on the cob, its for them, so please bear with me........

Also, i will be posting pics of the rest of the meal i made, Brats, Dogs, and Cheeseburgers.

Step 1, the ear of corn......

step1xa7.jpg

Step 2, the husks stripped back........i remove most of the husks, just leave just enuff to cover the corn back up, after prepping.........

step2vc2.jpg

Step 3, the silk exposed, you need to remove ALL of this silk

silkcb4.jpg

Step 4, the silk removed

silkremovedbg6.jpg

Step 5, i cut the tip off, so i can have the remaining husks long enuff to tie off

tipremovedjj5.jpg

Step 6, buttered and peppered........you may choose to summin else in this step, i have seen olive oil used, cayenne used (my fav), etc.

butteredandpepperedbp3.jpg

Step 7, now fold the husks back up over the corn, CAREFULLY, its easy to tear one off, now and again. Here i show i used a husk stripped down, to make a tie. In case you don't have twists ties handy

tiedwithhuskys2.jpg

here i show tied off with a twist tie. You can see in the background, you can get this stuff on a roll, and cut to length

tiedwithtwisttieor7.jpg

Step 8 ready for the smoker

readyforsmokerbb9.jpg

okay, off to the smoker

Okay, on the smoker

onthesmokernf0.jpg

the rest of the meal goes on

burgersandbratsiv5.jpg

corn done

corndunvz0.jpg

and the whole feast, ready to eat, i also smoked the bacon

chowdownvb6.jpg

So i hope this shows you guys how "I" do it, but you may do some steps different......thats the beuty of this hobby..........enjoy

Reactions: scott williams
Talk about perfect timeing with a post
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I'm one of those newbies that needed all the pics and descriptions step by step
icon_smile.gif

Thank You WD . Great post , should be a sticky
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great step by step lesson Dude thanks for sharing it

Reactions: mearm
BY THE WAY............my WIFE did all this, I just took the pics and smoked the final product..........

so all this goes to momma

well, tell her good job. She probobly learned from you takin pictures of food, and such. I was takin pics the other day out by the smoker and seen the guy across the road lookin over here I just pointed up.

Good Stuff WD. I also like to soak the corn once silk is removed for just a few minutes.
Smoked or grilled this is the best way of doing corn I have found!

yeah dude, they did.........

Vlap, i meant to post in the orig. thread, that some folks soak their corn.........i have done it both ways, and see no difference, in the end product.......

Kudos to Mrs Deud!! She done good.
biggrin.gif

Ok, you did a good job of taking the pics too.
biggrin.gif

Looks Great!!

I'm doing corn tonight for my first smoke - CS ribs w/ a Memphis rub. We've always soaked corn before grilling over a campfire, main reason is soaked husks wont let the corn get burnt, but after reading this i'll save myself the trouble. Husk-on grilled corn has always been my favorite, hopefully tonight that will change.

Enjoy... I made the corn on sunday. Coated with a chile lime oil. Make it strong since the steam will take out some flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky