Steak Mushroom Paste

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

supervman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Minnesota
Just saw this on Food Network.
Looks and sounds awesome.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/f...ipe/index.html

FYI
V

As long as I have the link I spect I can post it here as well
Grilled Sirloin with Porcini Paste
Recipe courtesy Karen Adler and Judith Fertig, adapted from BBQ Queens Big Book of Barbecue, published by Harvard Common Press, 2005
See this recipe on air Saturday Jul. 19 at 6:00 PM ET/PT.
Show: Food Network Specials Episode: Grill Girls

Porcini Paste:
1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
5 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

4 (8-ounce) boneless sirloin steaks, 3/4 to 1-inch thick

Grind porcini mushrooms to a powder in a coffee grinder or a blender. Transfer to a bowl and add all other ingredients. Stir until fully combined and mixture is a paste.
Brush the steaks on both sides with the porcini paste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in your grill. Grill the steaks, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.

This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.

Think outside of the box.
ANY dried shrooms will work.

Asian stores ALWAYS have dried shrooms so do most markets now a days.

V

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky