Steak Marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

fltsfshr

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
My favorite is soy sauce, Rainwater Madeira and garlic. 3 hr marinade & 1 hour breathing. I'll use the same liquid on Portabella mushrooms and stuff them with blue cheese. Sometime I stuff them with goat cheese and olives.

Got a favorite beef marinade you'd like to share? I make this one all the time but I'm always into something a little different.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Never heard of rainwater madeira.

I use a simple mix of:

Soy
Dark soy
garlic
Balsamic vinegar
Maggi seasoning
black pepper
Few splashes of hot sauce

If the garlic is fresh, I smash it and then rub it into the meat then pour liquid over the meat. If not, I just mix it intro the liquid.

Makes a very tasty cheese steak sandwich...

JC :emoji_cat:

fltsfshr

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
Here's everything you ever wanted to know about Madeira and then some. It's a great wine for drinking and cooking with a historical past. Rainwater is a type of Madeira. I've used it for years. Best cooking wine I've ever found. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeira_wine I haven't tried Maggi seasoning with it but I will. Thanks

Reactions: JC in GB

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
I literally live just a few moments from Fall River Ma and Madeira is insanely cheap here. Use it for cooking when a wine is called for.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
Not exactly a marinade, but I brush some Dale's steak seasoning per side, and then a rub of sea salt, greek seasoning, and Tony C's per side. Let the steak hang in the fridge for a while, and reverse sear it on the Weber. This has been my go to for years.

Dave

Latest posts

Hot Threads