Starting a new (Hank William Jr. voice) Family Tradition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fischersmokin

Original poster
Aug 8, 2016
Nebraska
Hi from Nebraska! Started out smoking about a year ago with a used off set heating oil tank smoker that I purchased locally. About 6 months ago I purchased a Masterbuilt electric smoker on sale and love using it. Then this month my 17 year old son decided to do some remaning on the offset smoker and we entered 2 smoke offs with it.  He has really gotten into the contests and we have had lots of fun spending the time together. Over the next year we are planning on building a smoker from a 250 to 500 gal tank.

Welcome to the forum! Cooking/smoking is a great way to spend some quality time with your children.  I cook with my daughter, she just turned 18, but she loves BBQ, but not being outside.  I'll take what I can get.  Glad to have you with us.

Mike

we really have not decided much other than we are interested in doing a reverse flow. We looked at lots videos and some of the ones we seen at the two smoke offs we went to and we both liked the reverse flow system. I have lots of ideas that I am wanting to incorporate into the build. Lol that Logan can incorporate into the build. He is the builder and mom is the planner and head smoker. 

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

Al

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky