Started my weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlhog

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Wayland, MI
Well actually started yesterday when I left work a couple hours early. I had Fridays off since June as vacation days. This is my last one off and it will be a 4 day weekend. I just loaded the Masterbuilt with a flat Brisket and a pork shoulder. ABT's will go in later today. Being new to smokin I bought a pork shoulder picnic. It was cheap and that is what the sticker called it. When I opened the package it was in netting and split in the middle. After rubbing in my spices I took about 6 slices of bacon and stuffed into the middle. I have no idea what will come of that, but it was cheap. I will pull both the brisket and shoulder for sammies. I may even mix it all together. I am trying a method Ron told me about and that will be wrapping at 160 and setting the Masterbuilt to 190 and leave it until morning. I will make some Lousiana Style BBQ Sauce that I used on the last shoulder and was great. I modify it a little, but this is what I start with.
1 tsp salt
1/4 Cup yellow mustard
1/3 Cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
2 Tbs Louisiana Hot Sauce
2 Tbs chili powder
2 Tbs garlic powder
1 tps coarse ground black pepper
Hope everyone has a great weekend. The weather here is looking great all 4 days and Momma only needs to work a few hours on Sat. We might even fire up the ol harley and take a couple rides!!!

UPDATE:
Well the pork is perfect. The bacon I stuffed inside dissolved, but surly added flavor. Pork fell apart, perfect pull! The brisket need to be sliced, but that is fine. Cooked at 200 for 11 hrs and wrapped at 190 for another 10 hrs (went to sleep). Internal temps before wrapping was pork 170 and beef 163. Meat is not dry at all. Got some really nice juice in the pan also. I was able to get a pic of the ABT's after half of them were eaten. Also smoked 8 eggs in the shell. I will make deviled eggs with them. Gonna be eatin good this weekend!!!

Good luck on your smoke today! What a great way to kick off the long, holiday weekend. Hope to see some qvue with your goodies (grub, that is)!

Nice to have a 4 day weekend, meat in the smoker, and a Harley for a nice leisure ride. No 4 day or Harley for me, but I can still smoke!
biggrin.gif
1 outa 3 ain't bad.

Good luck with the smoke, and enjoy your weekend. Don't forget Qview.

Looks great nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky