SSSSSSSSMOKI'N Q-view to come

Discussion in 'Pork' started by yodelhawk, Aug 27, 2009.

1. OK the party of the year is on Saturday and the smoker is going!!! I host a "Jimmie Buffett" party every year around this time and this one seems to be attracting quite the crowd. At last count we are looking at anywhere from 60 to 100 of my closest dearest friends. The menu includes:
    4 shoulders
    3 briskets
    6 racks o' baby backs
    20 sausages
    30 ABT's
    All made on an offset smoker. I'm about 3 hours into the shoulders and the briskets. Wish me luck guys... this is a lot of meat for me. Q-view to fallow soon.

2. target

target Fire Starter

Wow hows that gonna work, your gonna have a riot!!![​IMG]

3. Simple... Don't be late to the party!

4. target

target Fire Starter

Im on my way now haha

5. brandsbay

brandsbay Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Hey,now that is what I call a smoke,good luck,you have many happy hours smoking ahead [​IMG]

6. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Why so few abt's for that many people? Sounds like you're going to be very busy. Looking forward to seeing the qview soon.

7. ABT's are very labor intensive... ok, I don't want to make too many. In the past, they have only been popular with the "spicy" crowd. If you guys keep bugging me about the low #'s, you are gonna guilt me into making more!

8. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That is a labor of love & smoke.

9. After 4 hours

10. target

target Fire Starter

Looking good yodelhawk nice thin blue

11. yount

yount Meat Mopper

looks great [​IMG]

12. got14u

got14u Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

with it being Jimmy buffet I wonder if anything else is going to be smokin beside the smoker...lol

13. bigbaldbbq

bigbaldbbq Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

It looks good so far![​IMG]

14. blackened

blackened Meat Mopper

[​IMG]

15. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Your looking good so far but isn't the biggest thingwith this party the Magerettia's you are in margerettaville right. So you most be having some changes in latitude or is it attitudes in great falls. So pour me something tall and strong maybe a hurricane. so we can do some havana day dreaming. Have a great time from another parrot head in Fla.[​IMG][​IMG]:pDT_Arm ataz_01_34:[​IMG]

16. FINS UP!!!

17. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks a little lite on the ribs, sausages and ABTs for that many people...

18. Let's not forget about the side dishes. I have yet to have anybody walk away hungry from one of my gatherings. [​IMG]

19. Been like that for hours.

10 hour view

20. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

What do you do if you have more than 30 people out of 100 that wanted an ABT is all I was thinking about, and what if someone takes more than one?

Just something to think about. ABTs seem to be a big hit with everyone, and are relatively cheap and easy to make...

The meat is looking great... Are you taking the internal temp also or just using the termometer in the smoker? [​IMG]