Squeezy's Capanata Dip or Spread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squeezy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 17, 2005
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
Capanata

1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (packed in water not oil)
1 cup Asiago cheese, grated.
2-3 cloves of garlic, finely minced.
1 tsp lemon juice
½ cup or more mayonnaise.
salt & fresh ground pepper to taste.

Method

Blend all ingredients together starting with about ½ cup mayo and adding more as needed to desired consistency.
Flavors blend best if refrigerated before serving.
Serve with your favorite cracker or sliced baguette.

Just watch this disappear at your next gathering ...

Squeezy (Paul)

Sounds good Paul! As I despise Mayo, EVOO maybe. Sounds similar to an artichoke/olive tapinade I make. A tip with artis... remove those tougher outer leaves. Seems they always leavea few on the things whether ya get 'em in oil or water.

You're right about the outer leaves.
The only way to substitute mayo with evoo would be to emulsify it to have that creamy texture.
Perhaps one could find the right ratio of yogurt and sour cream as a substitute, however once you have the cheese and garlic mixed in, you won't taste the mayo.

Paul, that sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Yes that does sound good and might have to make it during the Turkey Day meal. Thanks Paul.

I'm here to tell everyone it is awesome!!
Last time Paul brought a batch to our little "family get togethers",
it didn't last long.
Our youngest brother just piled it on!!
It was gone in less than 10 minutes!
You gotta try it!
I give it it 3 thumbs up!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky