Spritz the turkey breast with.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flash

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 30, 2007
Chiefland/Cedar Key, Fl
Have a small boneless turkey breast on the smoker, right around 300º smoker temp right now. Would like to spritz it with something to keep outside moist. I usually use apple juice/apple cider vinegar for beef and a mix of Canola Oil and Lemon Juice for Fish.
What about poultry?

I use apple cider also. Sometimes mixed with some rum.
I have spritzed chicken with beer though and it was good.

This summer I started buying small bottles of juice in a 4 pack at the store, they last forever and when I open one it is just enough to fill my spray bottle for a smoke with little left to waste. I became partial to orange pineapple for chicken or turkey.

Thanks guys. I ended up making melted butter with some Memphis rub thrown in. Basted that on the breast and it came out great.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky