split chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
anybody know of a good thread which shows how to split a chicken to smoke it laid out in half but not all the way through? I've seen em on here a couple times and they look very nice when presented this way, looking for a few ideas for the new years party

thanks in advance

chef rob, you hit the nail on the head, that looks great how do i cut it?

pineywoods, that is what makes this site the best, ask a question and boom, the best answer is there in minutes, thanks!!!

i would leave the breast plate in so the breast won't over cook......remember the legs/thighs still have bones.

All you have to do with kitchen shears out the bottom bones and a plate in a v shape and then just crack the breast bones to lay the bird flat.

I just use cutting shears and cut out the backbone... lay it bone side down on the table and push down. It will crack the breast in the middle and lay down flat. I've never cut out that breast bone like that.

2665_1065270345772_1046423994_30201289_6038710_n.jpg

ok i gave it a shot today, looks good so far maybe another hour and she'll be ready
8523d54e_vbattach23448.jpg

fbed432e_vbattach23449.jpg

d48d6ee6_vbattach23450.jpg

here it is pulled and gonna sit for a bit before dinner, smells sweet from the Yoshidas cant wait to eat it
411ce9d7_vbattach23455.jpg

ed316c8e_vbattach23456.jpg

thanks again to chefrob snd pineywoods!!!

that video and picture made it easy

the dog sends her thanks also

Great looking chicken Rick - great thread with all the help

Looks awesome Rick
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky