Spicy Brine, and Crispy Too...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
1 gal. Water
8 tbsp kosher salt
4 tbsp packed brown sugar
3 tbsp Chimayo mild chile powder
2 tbsp sweet Spanish paprika
1 tbsp smoked Spanish paprika
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp lemon peel

Boil contents in 4 cups water, and then let it cool down. Add to 12 cups of cold water and add chicken parts and leave in fridge for 12 hours. Rinse twice using fresh cold water and pat dry. Added my rub to the parts and back in the fridge for another 3 hrs. to let the rub setup. Using apple and cherry wood, I smoked at 450º on the bottom rack until internal temp hit 150º, then moved it to the middle rack which sat at 375º, until internal temp hit 170º. GOSM was in direct sunlight with outside temp at 78º and climbing, the humidity was at 58%. My GOSM was maxed out on the regulator and had a full pan of water. Chicken was moist, full of flavor, and had a crispy skin. Felt good to get a smoke under my belt after being away from Susie Q for so long.
539aede3_vbattach19912.jpg

8aad532a_vbattach19911.jpg

6032670c_vbattach19909.jpg

a9e5484e_vbattach19910.jpg

Nice, looks great!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky