speecy pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
This weekend took a whole pork loin and cut in thirds. Butterflied one and put garlic and hot peppers in the middle then marinated it in picante sauce. Put it in the smoker and WOW! The flavor of that bark was awesome! Meat was tender ( a little over done, mistake on our part) but it was great! Ten or fifteen more minutes would have rendered it dry, so we got it off just in time, but the flavor! Will definitely do this again. I'd like to try and maybe take the picante sauce and drain it or puree it until really smooth and inject it to see how this would turn out...

Shelly, that sounds like an excellent experiment to try. I have a friend that injected a pork loin with the juice from a jar of pickled jalapeno pepper slices and Tobasco sauce. Then he let the loin marinade in the remaining jalapeno juice. Whoa!! talk about clearing the sinuses!! :shock: :cry: I think that he would have had winner with just the Tobasco. Now that they have came out with the Garlic Tobasco that would even be good-cuz every one knows that pork and garlic go great together. :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky