Special Brownies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking b

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2012
Middle of Nowhere, South Central PA
Here is how to make the Special Brownies I just had with my brisket. They are delicious! Here is what you will need.

1     family size brownie mix & whatever is required to make it (usually oil, water & eggs)

1     8 oz. pack of cream cheese

1/3  cup sugar

1     tsp vanilla

1     chicken egg 
chicken.gif

6-8  slices of bacon (homemade works best but store bought can be substituted if need be)

bacon oil

Cook up the slices of bacon nice & crisp.

Getting nice & crisp.

Remove the bacon from your skillet & save all the grease - this will be your bacon oil 
smile.gif
 Let the bacon cool down & break it into small pieces.

Mix up the brownie mix substituting 25% of the oil called for with your bacon oil.

My mix called for 2/3 cup of oil so I used 1/6 cup bacon oil.

Here is the brownie mix with bacon oil.

The bacon broken up into small pieces. I use 1/3 cup for these usually.

Add the bacon pieces to the brownie mix & blend them in. Set this aside for now.

In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese till it's smooth.

Add the sugar, vanilla & chicken egg then mix well.

Dump the brownie mix in a baking pan. I use a 9 x 13 - it is a lot easier for me to get good results in the next 2 steps than with a smaller pan YMMV.

Now take a spoon & drop the cheesecake mix into the brownie mix in even intervals.

You want to end up with something similar to this.

Now take a butter knife & slide it back & forth to intersperse the cheesecake mix within the brownie mix.

You want to end up with something like this. Do not - I repeat - DO NOT mix everything all together 
Bottom.gif
  You want the two mixes to be swirled together but separate. 
thumb1%20copy.gif

Bake in the oven according to the temp on the brownie directions keeping in mind that it will take longer due to all the extras. Use a toothpick to determine when it is done.

Here it is just out of the oven. You can see the test holes from my toothpick.

And this is what you end up with - an awesome treat! 
yahoo.gif

Oh....yummmy!  So bacon is the "special" part....not the herb?  Just teasing you!

Kat
Lol 
icon_lol.gif
  Yup it's the bacon & bacon oil. If I made real special brownies with "the herb" & put them up on here that would probably be the last you saw me around as I'm fairly sure that would be grounds for banishment 
Bottom.gif

biggrin.gif

roflmao.gif

Reactions: tonyabeachlover
Now THAT'S a Great Recipe! Thanks for sharing. Of course you realize somebody is going to make them " More Special "!...
pot.gif

30.gif
...JJ

Now THAT'S a Great Recipe! Thanks for sharing. Of course you realize somebody is going to make them " More Special "!...
pot.gif

30.gif
...JJ
Thanks Jimmy 
biggrin.gif
  & yeah I think you're right 
th_roflmao.gif

Living in DC does have one advantage. Now I just need to find a sympathetic doc to write me a prescription...
Well there are plenty to pick from that's for sure - good luck with your search 
thumb1%20copy.gif

biggrin.gif

From BBQ to "special" brownies. That's what makes this site special: Folks, we got it all!
Yup - anything you need 
2thumbs.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky