Special BB Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

helljack6

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 15, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
Ok, I'm very proud of what you're looking at. Today I did BB ribs, and I did them exactly how Mr. Mills told me to do them, I followed his instructions to the letter as much as I could given the differences in our equipment. I smoked these babies at 210 for 5.5 hours, no foil, no flipping, no turning, nothing. Just good low and slow smoke. Used several chunks of apple and a slightly modified version of the Magic Dust (used 1/2 cup of chili power instead of 1/4 cup).

Everything that Mr. Mills told me would happened, happened like clockwork. The ribs sweat about 3x during the cook, the ribs had a nice bend in the middle towards the end (one rack literally broke when trying to pick it up in the middle), temp in the meat was 185-190, and the meat was fork tender. Biting into the meat, it wasn't Fall Off The Bone, but moreso a slight tug and then the meat gave, and it came clean off the bone. And smoking at that low of temperature, the wood flavor used was much more noticeable. Again, I'm very proud of this particular cook as I have tried my best to ensure that I was able to replicate as much as possible the steps Mr. Mills put before me to help me produce better BB ribs, and I have.

Click on the picture below to launch the slide show.

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z56/helljack6/UDS Cook 8_30_09/?action=view&current=5cd4af3a.pbw

Congratulations on a successful smoke...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great slideshow and great post - is the complete set of instructions you got from Mr Mills posted anywhere? I for one would sure like to look at them
Thanks

Thanks for sharing - I just read it and copied it into my recipie files
Gonna try this for the kids and grandkids next weekend

nice looking ribs Nutzman!!! nice color to them too. i like mine with some tug to them as well. glad they turned out well for you. just goes to show more than one way to get it done!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky