spatchcocked chicken qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 23, 2010
Chester (Kent Island), Md
This was my first time spatchcocking, I was looking for a faster smoke and crispy skin.  Turned out great so moist, my wife kept saying it is really moist lol. Cooked it at 300 for about 2 hrs 10 min.  Breast temp was 165 when I pulled.

A little over 8# roaster

192de0c3_004.jpg

Made a garlic butter mix for under the breast skin.  Seasoned it also

c2f14cef_003.jpg

All reaqdy

8b5e9265_005.jpg

Resting

6a87b5e6_006.jpg

Dinner

5b431c54_007.jpg

Oh...boy.....the Chicken looks great from where I am sitting.  I usually do two chickens...One for eating now and one for making sandwiches during the week....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
  I just love having a smoked chicken sandwich at work.

Whoa!
icon_eek.gif

An 8# chicken and no hormones or steroids, way back in my FFA days we raised 4.5-5# fryers and thought those were a big birds, man how I would like to have a couple of those in my smoker, I'm like poi, when I smoke chicken I load up the WSM and have leftovers for a week!

That sure looks delicious and I just finished eating, good work.

Gene

Oh...boy.....the Chicken looks great from where I am sitting.  I usually do two chickens...One for eating now and one for making sandwiches during the week....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
  I just love having a smoked chicken sandwich at work.
With just my wife and I we had plenty left over for sandwiches

Whoa!
icon_eek.gif

An 8# chicken and no hormones or steroids, way back in my FFA days we raised 4.5-5# fryers and thought those were a big birds, man how I would like to have a couple of those in my smoker, I'm like poi, when I smoke chicken I load up the WSM and have leftovers for a week!

That sure looks delicious and I just finished eating, good work.

Gene
The perdue brand here is always natural I believe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky