Spatchcock chicken on rotisserie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Crambone1812

Original poster
Mar 22, 2021
I have been doing a lot of spatchcock chicken on the rotisserie lately on the weber kettle. Works great - thighs and legs cooked perfectly without the breast drying out. This one was dry brined for a couple of day with thyme and bay leaf, and smoked with grape wood.

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 159
Looks good. I have cooked several rotisserie chickens. I smoked a spatchcok chicken yesterday. I will have to try a spatchcocked rotisserie chicken the next time.

Rob

We do a lot of chickens on the roti, but I never thought to do one spatchcocked. Gonna give it a try next time.
Al

We do a lot of chickens on the roti, but I never thought to do one spatchcocked. Gonna give it a try next time.
Al
I like it - you get more crispy skin. The skin on the thighs and body that get covered when you truss it up normally get expose and crisped up. Found the idea here: https://tasteofartisan.com/rotisserie-chicken/

I like your ribs recipe - I;m like you - I don't want them to fall off the bone -I like bit of snap. The roti works well for this too - and cook faster - under 3 hours at about 300. Maybe i'll try leaving the membrane on!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky