spares on the smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krusher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 31, 2008
rocky mount, virginia
hello, wife has been at the beach, and is on her way home today and requested that we have ribs tonight.

I am doing two racks, both St.Louis style. On one of the racks the membrane came off just fine but on the other rack, I think it may have been pulled off before packaging, anyone ever had this from sams club before? I worked on it for about 45 minutes and finally came to the conclusion that it just was'nt there. the other membrane was there, the thicker of the two, that you leave on and the fat that gets pulled up when you pull off the membrane was already exposed. I finally decided that someone had pulled it off prior to packaging.

Anyway, one of the racks has jeffs rub on it and the other one is something I modified off of about.com called majic dust, I added 1/3 cup of brown sugar and 1/3 cup onion powder (i love onion powder ).

gonna be using apple wood and 3-2-maybe about 15 minutes instead of 1 hour, I like them a little more on the tender side.

[img=http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5954/img0023tp4.th.jpg]

[img=http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1803/img0025jg3.th.jpg]

Krusher, you have an awful lot of smoking time on your hands!! Everytime I turn around you have something in the smoker. What gives??

why not ??

me and my wife have a small home based bussiness that seems to give some free time and provide a pretty decent living, we take care of elderly patients in our home. lots that we keep have alzhiemers, we prefer these people because they are often not cared for in normal nursing home surroundings. My grandmother had the disease and was mistreated in the nursing home my family kept her in. I quess thats is why I feel like I need to help them, because I was not old enough to do anything about my grandmas situation. Then when I met my wife her mom had been doing the same thing we do for 30 years or so, and we decided to get into it as well. I also have lots to do around the house, we live on 190 acres and it seems like something is always needing attention on it, plus LOTS of grass to mow.

God Bless You Krusher!! It takes special people to do what you and your wife are doing!! I think thats great. And yes you are right....Why not?? If I was home my gosm would be full too!

Good job on the smoke, it looks like it is going to be great, and also thank you for what you are doing at your home. I lost my grandfather to that awful disease so I know what you are dealing with..
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky