Spares on the grill today.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shtrdave

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 11, 2010
SW Pennsylvania
Since I moved I don't have a place to set up the smokers, so I did these spares on the grill, indirect with a foil pack of wetwood chips for smoke. I made some of the MDM rub this morning add more onion, garlic and paprika to it and subing unrefined sugar for the granulated.

First pics are about 75 minutes in and they were done except to be tossed on the direct heat to get some char.

7b7c0b88_IMG_0260.jpg

fcf2d8d2_IMG_0262.jpg

fb733e2c_IMG_0264.jpg

This was the finished product, they had a bit of a smoke ring and the girlfriend thought they were fantastic and that is what counts I guess.

Originally Posted by shtrdave

.....and the girlfriend thought they were fantastic and that is what counts I guess.
That's ALL that counts, brother!  Those look like some mighty fine ribs!

Biggest thing that I've noticed and like about smoked vs. grilled ribs is the texture.  I like to be able to "bite" mine off the bone, but expect the meat to be tender - to be able to pull ribs apart.  If you're getting the results you like, keep doing it!

Tracey

It all looks mighty good on my screen. sitting here wishing for smell-o- vision.

Ribs are looking pretty darn good. When I looked at the chicken pics I had  to scroll back up and re read the post to make sure it wasnt fish. LOL One of the ones in the center of the plate looks kinda like a trout if you use your inagination.

As said it looks great and I agree all that counts is the fact that you did it turned out the way you wanted. If not quite the way you wanted, it was plenty good enough to take pics and post.  Thanks for sharing. Smell-o-vision, ins't that an app for the I phone.

I can't wait to get something organized and get back to the actual smoking, I have a lot to do to get ready for that, so the grill is the next best thing for now.

thanks for the comments, I miss the pulled pork, and smoked cornish hens.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky