Spares on the grill today.

Discussion in 'Grilling Tips' started by shtrdave, Jul 10, 2010.

1. shtrdave

shtrdave Smoking Fanatic

Since I moved I don't have a place to set up the smokers, so I did these spares on the grill, indirect with a foil pack of wetwood chips for smoke. I made some of the MDM rub this morning add more onion, garlic and paprika to it and subing unrefined sugar for the granulated.

First pics are about 75 minutes in and they were done except to be tossed on the direct heat to get some char.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the finished product, they had a bit of a smoke ring and the girlfriend thought they were fantastic and that is what counts I guess.

2. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's how I grew up eating ribs, off the grill. Those looked really tasty!

3. walle

walle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That's ALL that counts, brother!  Those look like some mighty fine ribs!

Biggest thing that I've noticed and like about smoked vs. grilled ribs is the texture.  I like to be able to "bite" mine off the bone, but expect the meat to be tender - to be able to pull ribs apart.  If you're getting the results you like, keep doing it!

Tracey

4. shtrdave

shtrdave Smoking Fanatic

Cut up some boneless chicken breasts seasoned with Jeffs rub and wrapped with bacon grilled over indirect and then finished on the hot side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

It all looks mighty good on my screen. sitting here wishing for smell-o- vision.

6. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ribs are looking pretty darn good. When I looked at the chicken pics I had  to scroll back up and re read the post to make sure it wasnt fish. LOL One of the ones in the center of the plate looks kinda like a trout if you use your inagination.

As said it looks great and I agree all that counts is the fact that you did it turned out the way you wanted. If not quite the way you wanted, it was plenty good enough to take pics and post.  Thanks for sharing. Smell-o-vision, ins't that an app for the I phone.

7. shtrdave

shtrdave Smoking Fanatic

I can't wait to get something organized and get back to the actual smoking, I have a lot to do to get ready for that, so the grill is the next best thing for now.

thanks for the comments, I miss the pulled pork, and smoked cornish hens.