Spares, BB and a Chuckie for Burnt Ends

Discussion in 'Pork' started by bonedadddy, Jun 6, 2010.

1. bonedadddy

bonedadddy Smoke Blower

Hello,

Here is the start to (hopefully) a great day of ribs and beer! KC Weather looks to be full of sun (and humidity)!!! Having some friends out from Colorado...and I had to cook something up for them...hehe

[​IMG]

First I whipped up a batch of Ray's Rub

[​IMG]

Applied that Rub to two Spares and a  Baby Back...Cut up some sausage for Burnt Ends, and added the rest of the rub (plus some molasses and some Dijon) to the beans and let them all sit overnight.

[​IMG]

Nice little chuckie for burnt ends...

[​IMG]

Man I can almost taste em!!!!!

[​IMG]

Then into the GOSM...with some Hickory and Apple (about half and half)

Will post finished QVIEW here in a bit...

2. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That is looking very good

3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now it's all looking really good so far. But one question, the burnt ends you are using sausage and chuck roast?? Now this could be interesting thou. I have made burnt ends and I love them but never had I seen some ends made of chuck and sausage. I'll have to check back in for the finishing Qview.

4. bonedadddy

bonedadddy Smoke Blower

Sausage makes wonderful burnt ends! I first learned about using sausage at some local restaurants, and now, I cannot do a smoke without sausage burnt ends...my wife is very insist ant on that! hehe...As for the Chuck Steak, I had someone else recommend a chuck steak on this forum...usually I will use the point of the brisket...

But the chuck steak breaks down nicely after cooking it for about 5-6 hours...then cutting it up and smoking it for another 5-6 hours.

I will post when its finished :)