Spares, BB and a Chuckie for Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bonedadddy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Raymore, MO
Hello,

Here is the start to (hopefully) a great day of ribs and beer! KC Weather looks to be full of sun (and humidity)!!! Having some friends out from Colorado...and I had to cook something up for them...hehe

bd24cec5_IMG_0528.jpg

First I whipped up a batch of Ray's Rub

aa63cc0b_IMG_0530.jpg

Applied that Rub to two Spares and a  Baby Back...Cut up some sausage for Burnt Ends, and added the rest of the rub (plus some molasses and some Dijon) to the beans and let them all sit overnight.

e2b1c3b7_IMG_3059.jpg

Nice little chuckie for burnt ends...

8dc15181_IMG_3060.jpg

Man I can almost taste em!!!!!

9f981b2d_IMG_3061.jpg

Then into the GOSM...with some Hickory and Apple (about half and half)

Will post finished QVIEW here in a bit...

cool.gif

Now it's all looking really good so far. But one question, the burnt ends you are using sausage and chuck roast?? Now this could be interesting thou. I have made burnt ends and I love them but never had I seen some ends made of chuck and sausage. I'll have to check back in for the finishing Qview.

Sausage makes wonderful burnt ends! I first learned about using sausage at some local restaurants, and now, I cannot do a smoke without sausage burnt ends...my wife is very insist ant on that! hehe...As for the Chuck Steak, I had someone else recommend a chuck steak on this forum...usually I will use the point of the brisket...

But the chuck steak breaks down nicely after cooking it for about 5-6 hours...then cutting it up and smoking it for another 5-6 hours.

I will post when its finished :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky