Spare ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlmacc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
NW IN.
Hello everyone,
Well I have some spare ribs I am wanting to smoke tomorrow.This is my first time smoking them.I have done my reading on the different methods on cooking them.I have found a thousand different rubs on here too.What would you guys recommend a good rub is to make?I need to narrow down my options!Thanks
icon_mrgreen.gif

this is what i have been using and i like it.
Meathead's Memphis Dust

Memphis Dust Recipe

Yield. Makes about 3 cups. I typically use about 1 tablespoon per side of a slab of St. Louis cut ribs, and a bit less for baby backs. Store the extra in a zipper bag or a glass jar with a tight lid.
Preparation time. 10 minutes to find everything and 5 minutes to dump them together.
Ingredients
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup kosher salt
4 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons dried rosemary, ground to a powder
Optional. Add up to 2 tablespoons crushed dried chipotle, cayenne, chili powder, or other hot pepper. Be careful with this ingredient. Not everybody likes it as hot as you do! You can leave it out if you are serving to a large crowd that is bound to contain a few wimps, and serve pepper flakes on the side.

I like the one that pande said to use. Maybe you should try Jeff's the guy thats runs this place and his rub is really good too. I use butt rub sometimes and then you have a new rub put out by Old Bay and it's really good too. Thats my penny's

Thanks for the reply's
I made up some rub I found here on the site.It was from billbo's.I did change it a little bit but not much.It smells great,I have the spares sitting in the fridge right now.I will put them on the smoker in a few hours.Seems everyone really likes jeffs rub.I am thinking on checking it out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky