Spare Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
I just bought Jeff's Rub Receipe...I believe it will be one of the best. Too many people raving about this...
Here is a picture of the start...I am going to let them set overnight and fire it up tomorrow..Hopefully I will be able to add more pics later...

Steve

Jeff's is a great place to start. Don't be afraid to tweak it to your liking, and keep the Q VIEW coming.

That's the way to start a great smoke, congrats and keep us posted on the progress.

That is looking good. I also brought Jeff's rub and it is very good. Put it on a flank steak the other night and it got positive comments from the family.

I would however like to tweak it a bit to make it sweeter for my pork smokes.

Sweeter? Wow, you've got a sweet tooth. I had to cut back on the sweetness and add some more salt. All to your individual taste though. Kuddos to Jeff for giving us a good starting place!!!

Boy howdy I thought I had ruined these ribs...I put them on the smoker about 10 to 7am this morning...First ones with Jeff's naked rub. Well around 10:30 or so things were looking good. So I thought a nap might work. Well I napped till 12:30pm...Oh no, the ribs. I ran out and the internal temp was at 181. I shut it all down, let them set a bit. then took a bite...They still tasted very well to me...They looked over done to me, but the taste is very good.
Thanks Jeff for a great rub receipe..

Steve

internal TEMPS?????

ribs, are not normally checked with temps.........too many chances of getting the temp probe next to a bone........ribs are normally done, either 3-2-1, or 2-2-1.........at least here in my world..........they are the only thing done by time, ............

Yes Walking Dude, I agree...I had the probe in these and they went to 181 degrees..they still turned out great. I did not foil or add a sauce or anything. But when I realized the temps were that high, I felt like they might of dried out too much. They really didn't. Still very tastey. Smokers are great ain't they. I do much better with it than a grill. Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated.
Steve

They look pretty good too me
icon_smile.gif

Be more'n glad to take 'em off yer hands if ya like... looks like great bark! The color is perfect!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky