Spare Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iggythump

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 12, 2015
Northeast GA Mountains
Since we have the group going now. I wanted to get some threads going. Thanks again for everyone who's joined so far and please tell your buddies on here to get on board.

Had some spare ribs in the freezer for some time now, after thawing, I salted them last night and placed back in the fridge over night. Fired up the mini with Royal Oaks lump and came back in to coat the ribs in EVOO and my own home-brew rub.

Got the mini up to around 250 or so and threw em on over some apple wood chips. After the smoke died I applied another round of apple chips as they seem to burn quicker (obviously) than the chunks. Anywho, I sprayed them with a 90-10 mixture of ACV and apple juice roughly every hour. Smoked for 5 total hours, no wrapping, just smoking at a solid 225.

Finished product. I tossed a hickory chunk on there in the last hour just for the heck of it. Thanks for looking fellas, god bless and good luck out there!

Reactions: bryan moorhead
Those look awesome!  Bet there are none left over...
Looks-Great.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky